Skip to main content

earbuds in :: noise out

A year or so ago I discovered the world of podcasts.  I guess as I grow older I crave more words and less noise.  Maybe it's just the fact that I am not working outside of my home so podcasts are a way for me to hear adult conversation throughout my day.  I would like to share some of my favorites with you, and I would love for you to share some of your favorites with me.

1.  "The Happy Hour" with Jamie Ivey.
This is where it all began for me.  Somehow (probably social media) I saw a recommendation for this podcast.  I didn't even know how to listen to a podcast, but I quickly learned.  I was hooked after one episode. Jamie and her family live in Texas.  She is so transparent about her love for Jesus and His great love for his people.  Each week she interviews an amazing lady with an amazing story.  Her podcast has somehow led me to almost every other podcast I listen to.  Jamie also published a book recently and I cannot recommend it enough!


2.  "The Popcast" with Knox and Jamie.
This is my "have a good laugh" and "popculture education" podcast.  Knox and Jamie (a guy/gal duo) cover everything pop culture.  They are relevant and hilarious but not crude and obnoxious.  Recently they've covered topics such as.... TV sitcom reboots, Urban dictionary, and the Oscars.  I am out of the loop on most popculture, but they are so down to earth and keep me cackling until the end of each episode. I also follow Jamie on the Instagram and her insta-stories are giving me life right now.  (Knox and Jamie have a 2nd podcast, "The Bible Binge", that I enjoy as well.)

 P.S. I would probably listen to this podcast just to hear Knox lose his breath when he laughs.

CLICK HERE for the Popcast hookup.

3.  "Ear Hustle" is not something I would normally seek out, but I am so glad I found it. "Ear Hustle" is a very interesting look into life inside prison.  The host is currently incarcerated and brings the podcast straight from San Quentin prison. It will make you laugh and cry.  Each week the focus is a particular topic such as cellmates or the SHU, unwritten prison rules, etc.


So those are 3 podcasts I enjoy that appeal to me for totally different reasons and offer a variety of topics and diverse conversation.  Below I will list a few more, but not detail like I did the 3 above.  Please share what you are listening to!  I love finding and falling for a new podcast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose

WHY:  Here we go again. Mahala is tapping into blogging once more.  Is this even still a thing? Jesus, be near. My first instinct was NO WAY...there is no time for this mess.  But then I realized if I spent as much time blogging as I do writing a blog in my head then why not?  Ever since Beau was born, we moved states (again), and I transitioned to staying home (again) I just cannot stop thinking about all these things I want to share with all these people that I love...and maybe even some people I don't know (yet).  Ya know?  So, that's the "why".  Next is the "HOW". HOW:  I wanted my first post to be sort of like a mission statement if you will.  I want you to know the things I plan to write about, share, discuss, and ask.  This way you can decide if my blog is something you want to spend your time reading.  Everyone has interests and everyone has limited time. Trust me... I understand about choosing to spend your time wisely...I understand because most

Elevators Are for Hugs...or at least Hellos

If you think God doesn't care about every small detail, think again. He SEES YOU; and sometimes we see him too if we slow down. Let me share a little story about something that happened this week.   I've been going to BSF (Bible study fellowship) since September. Beau is able to stay in the nursery thanks to the wonderful children's program they have.  I noticed in the first few weeks there was a beautiful baby girl close to his age that is also sporting an extra chromosome. Y'all, she is a doll baby. A head full of hair and the cutest pink glasses you ever saw. Anyway, I told the children's leader that I would love to connect with her mom sometime and for whatever reason it just hasn't worked out.  Fast forward to this Wednesday. It was not my regular BSF day. I volunteered to keep the kids of BSF leaders so they could prepare for the lesson  on Thursday . Well, that sweet baby girl, Camilla, is there!  I'm so happy because now I get to love on her

Homeschool Review: August

We had a "soft" start to school several weeks ago...mid August...I don't even remember the exact date.  This post is a review of what we have been learning so far.  Keep in mind that I am not using a purchased curriculum.  Thanks to Pinterest, the world wide web, and our local library I have found some great resources that fit the needs for both kids.  I use a lot of resources from THIS BLOG  post as a guide to help me get started.   If/When we exhaust these free resources I will probably purchase a few things to keep things fun and challenging.  LANGUAGE ARTS :  We are using McGraw Hill Grade 2 practice book as well as spelling. I request the books that go along with each unit from our local library.   And we are about half way into Unit 1.  I have used this resource to focus on the following skills: Vocabulary :  ABC order, word families (-ell, -eat) Comprehension : character/setting,  story mapping, plot,  main idea/details Phonics : short a, short i, words