Skip to main content

Perspective 47 (a poem for Beau)

Perspective 47

A definition of perspective 
Might read “point of view”
The way we see the world
Our angle.... attitude

Often grownups wish for days of yesteryear
Can we turn back time?
Is there a magic gear? 

Grownups too often see mundane
In daily Tasks that bore. 
Oh, but the eyes of a child, 
They see so much more!

Beauty and adventure 
Reasons to giggle and play 
And then there is you child 
Your perspective is what I crave. 

You will live your days with a certain sense of wonder. 
You will find joy and goodness in the biggest of blunders
You will forgive easy. And You will stand so loyal. 
Every person you meet, you will find a way to make each one feel royal.

Did you know that is a unique skill, a set of special powers?
You will show pride in all accomplishments and remind us to smell the flowers. 

Our days together may not always be easy. 
This world so full of rage. 
But you’re my lucky number 47
You will turn my page. 

They can put your extra chromosome in a box
of disability. 
But you, your heart and beautiful soul
Oh, there is so much more to see! 

God blessed me with perspective when he gave me to you. 
I am so unworthy  of this secret point of view. 
This gift I unwrap each day is a mirror to heaven. 
This gift he gave in you...  it’s perspective 47. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose

WHY:  Here we go again. Mahala is tapping into blogging once more.  Is this even still a thing? Jesus, be near. My first instinct was NO WAY...there is no time for this mess.  But then I realized if I spent as much time blogging as I do writing a blog in my head then why not?  Ever since Beau was born, we moved states (again), and I transitioned to staying home (again) I just cannot stop thinking about all these things I want to share with all these people that I love...and maybe even some people I don't know (yet).  Ya know?  So, that's the "why".  Next is the "HOW". HOW:  I wanted my first post to be sort of like a mission statement if you will.  I want you to know the things I plan to write about, share, discuss, and ask.  This way you can decide if my blog is something you want to spend your time reading.  Everyone has interests and everyone has limited time. Trust me... I understand about choosing to spend your time wisely...I understand because most

Elevators Are for Hugs...or at least Hellos

If you think God doesn't care about every small detail, think again. He SEES YOU; and sometimes we see him too if we slow down. Let me share a little story about something that happened this week.   I've been going to BSF (Bible study fellowship) since September. Beau is able to stay in the nursery thanks to the wonderful children's program they have.  I noticed in the first few weeks there was a beautiful baby girl close to his age that is also sporting an extra chromosome. Y'all, she is a doll baby. A head full of hair and the cutest pink glasses you ever saw. Anyway, I told the children's leader that I would love to connect with her mom sometime and for whatever reason it just hasn't worked out.  Fast forward to this Wednesday. It was not my regular BSF day. I volunteered to keep the kids of BSF leaders so they could prepare for the lesson  on Thursday . Well, that sweet baby girl, Camilla, is there!  I'm so happy because now I get to love on her

Homeschool Review: August

We had a "soft" start to school several weeks ago...mid August...I don't even remember the exact date.  This post is a review of what we have been learning so far.  Keep in mind that I am not using a purchased curriculum.  Thanks to Pinterest, the world wide web, and our local library I have found some great resources that fit the needs for both kids.  I use a lot of resources from THIS BLOG  post as a guide to help me get started.   If/When we exhaust these free resources I will probably purchase a few things to keep things fun and challenging.  LANGUAGE ARTS :  We are using McGraw Hill Grade 2 practice book as well as spelling. I request the books that go along with each unit from our local library.   And we are about half way into Unit 1.  I have used this resource to focus on the following skills: Vocabulary :  ABC order, word families (-ell, -eat) Comprehension : character/setting,  story mapping, plot,  main idea/details Phonics : short a, short i, words